Scotland’s countryside education charity, RHET is holding its first-ever, now SOLD OUT, gala dinner, in celebration of the charity’s 21st birthday on 21 February. However, those who have missed out on a ticket to the dinner need not miss out on the fantastic auction lots available to bid for online. They are going, going but not yet gone!
The silent auction includes two tickets to see Lewis Capaldi, a Mulberry handbag, a Supercar driving experience, dinner and an overnight stay at a spa hotel, a personal styling package, a round of golf for three, a day’s fishing on the Esk, a number of cottage breaks and much more.
Whether you are looking to treat a loved one to a delicious meal, buy a gift for a friend, take some work colleagues on a unique tour or enjoy a wine tasting event, there is something for everyone among the 75 plus list of generously donated prizes.
Other prizes include a rugby shirt signed by the Scottish team, bull semen, half a tonne of daffodil bulbs, a speedboat tour on Loch Lomond, a cheese-making day, a handcrafted oak bench, a number of brewery and distillery tours and a tonne of feed!
Those attending the gala dinner, as well as those unable to make it, are able to view and bid on the silent auction online. The prizes are available to view at: https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/auction/detail/auction_id/3854
The live auction on the night of 21 February will include the famous Highland Cow, Curly Sue, made by Kevin Paxton of BBC fame, a kitchen experience with Tom Kitchin, a holiday for two to Mauritius and a cookery day with Carina Contini.
Katrina Barclay, RHET Executive Officer, said:
“Many people across rural Scotland and among Scotland’s schools and colleges are familiar with RHET and what we do. However, we are always working hard to increase understanding of how we teach children and young people about food, farming and the countryside and of course we are always developing our fundraising to help us do this.
“These very generously donated auction prizes contribute significantly to our 21st birthday gala celebrating the work that our volunteers do while also to raising money to fund our activities. If you are keen to ensure that the next generation understands and values rural Scotland, I would urge you to support RHET by bidding in the silent auction. Anything you can contribute is very much appreciated.”
If you would like to bid on any of the live auction items, you can place a reserve bid or join in the bidding live on the night via phone. Please register your interest via email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
- The Royal Highland Education Trust (RHET) was established in 1999 as the educational charity of the Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland (RHASS).
- The Royal Highland Education Trust (RHET) works with volunteers to provide free educational activities and experiential learning opportunities for Scotland’s children. Arranging farm visits and classroom education and providing teacher training and educational resources, RHET’s purpose is to bring farming and the working countryside and its practices to life for young people.
- Please follow RHET on social media for regular updates about the event. Facebook – The Royal Highland Education Trust. Twitter @TheRHET. Instagram @theroyalhighlandeducationtrust
- Please start using #RHETGala now to keep the conversation going!
- The Gala Dinner Silent Auction lots are available to view, and bid on, at https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/auction/detail/auction_id/3854
- The Silent Auction is now open and lots can be viewed online and bids made (including proxy bids for those unable to attend the event). The online auction will be open to everyone for bidding until 4 pm on 21st February 2020. The leading bid on each lot at that time will be carried over to the auction at the event that evening where the bidding will conclude and will only be available at the venue.
- If you are unable to attend the fundraising gala but wish to bid on an item, you can still give yourself the best chance of winning by placing a proxy (maximum) bid on the auction page. RHET then will carry your bid over to the main auction on the evening of the event and continue bidding for you up to your maximum. You will be contacted after the fundraising gala if your bid has been successful.
- All enquiries to email@example.com
- Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org