The first-ever online AgriScot event was a massive success with an unheard of 99% participation rate from the almost 1400 registered delegates (typical no-shows are around 20%). We hope that whilst the event will continue to embrace tech, next year’s AgriScot on 17th November 2021 will be a face-to-face event. Read more …
Series 2 our OnFARM podcast continues to attract new listeners and, in November, was number 3 in the Food podcast charts – ahead of the likes of Nigel Slater and The Kitchen Cabinet!
- Episode 3 featured Milk Supply Association chairman and SAOS board member Rory Christie on the value of becoming a good negotiator, farming’s response to both climate change and Brexit, and how to stop being squeezed by your supply chain. This episode had more listens in the first 24 hours than some episode get in two weeks!
- In the fourth episode, for the first of a number of climate change episodes with SAOS, Anna was joined by Tim Bailey, SAOS chief executive; Emma Patterson Taylor, – SAOS policy manager focused on climate change; Angela Porchez of the fruit growers co-op Angus Growers & Jonny Williams from meat marketing co-op Farmstock.
- Episode 5 is the first of four podcasts to celebrate the Moredun Research Institute‘s centenary.
- In Episode 6, Monty heard how Moredun’s latest breakthrough has revolutionised farming practices as far away as South Africa and Australia – and how researchers are even playing a crucial role in the fight against Covid-19.
We are grateful to everyone who continues to listen, download or share OnFARM. You can listen to all of the episodes at podfollow.com/onfarm.
Last month, Twitter launched its new ephemeral content feature Fleets, their equivalent of Instagram stories. Fleets cannot be retweeted, replied to publicly or liked. Twitter users can only respond to them with direct messages. Their limited shelf life (they disappear after 24 hours) offers some interesting opportunities for customer engagement especially with Gen Z who are notorious for their Fear of Missing Out (FOMO). You could consider running a daily competition, offer exclusive time-limited offers or screen live events. Speak to us about assisting with your social media.
A new, joint industry and Scottish Government programme for Scotland’s farming, fishing, food and drink sector was launched in November. With it comes a £5million funding commitment from the Scottish Government to support delivery by the Scotland Food & Drink Partnership. Find out more: https://bit.ly/RecoveryPlan20
2021 has been designated as the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables – an initiative to raise awareness of the nutritional and health benefits of sustainable production and consumption of fruits and vegetables. It has the secondary aim of highlighting the high levels of food loss and waste in the supply chains with a designated day, International Day of Food Loss and Waste, being observed on 29 September. Find out more on the FAO website.
2021 has many events that you may wish to make use of in your promotions, blogs and social media channels. (If you need help with managing your digital marketing, let us know). These include:
- The inauguration of Joe Biden as 46th USA president on 20th January.
- The expected launch of GB News channel in March.
- Local and Scottish elections on 6th May.
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s 100th birthday on 10th June.
- The postponed UEFA EURO 2020 from 11 June to 11 July 2021.
- The rescheduled UN Climate Change Conference 1 – 12 November in Glasgow
” j o l l y b e r r y”
h o l l y b e r r y
j o l l y m e r r y”
and ends, after many attempts:
“C h r i s m e r r y
a s M E R R Y C H R
Y S A N T H E M U M”
Search engines like Google use algorithms to calculate which listings should appear. However, the way people search is changing and voice-assisted tech e.g. Alexa means that more of us will be searching by voice.
Customers may find your competitors more easily if you don’t adopt a voice search SEO strategy. Speak to us about making sure your rural business can be seen and heard in 2021.
Wishing you a MERRY CHRYSANTHEMUM!