Well known Fife farmer and star of the BBC’s ‘This Farming Life’, Steve Mitchell, has today launched a ‘Founders Club’ crowdfunding campaign to turn his buffalo mozzarella dreams into reality. Steve’s ambition is to provide Scotland with its first ever home-produced buffalo mozzarella, at the same time giving founding investors a 10 per cent return on investment.
Steve, the sixth generation of the Mitchell family to farm in Fife, has been rearing and nurturing his buffalo herd since 2005, providing unique and delicious buffalo meat to Scotland’s foodies. He is now turning his attention to making buffalo mozzarella and offering supporters of his newly launched crowdfunding campaign, called the ‘Founders Club’, the chance to secure rewards comparable to a 10 per cent return on investment, delivered in buffalo vouchers, in addition to a host of other benefits.
With an ambitious crowdfunding target of £800,000 to build a manufacturing facility, milking parlour and slurry store, new or existing fans of The Buffalo Farm can help to make the buffalo mozzarella dream come true in one of three ways:
- Buffalo Farm Supporters Club – get in with the bricks with a £100 donation and see your name on the walls of the new production facility
- Buffalo Farm Founders Club – enjoy rewards equivalent in value to a 10% Annual Return on Investment paid in Buffalo Farm vouchers (minimum investment £1,000)
- Buffalo Farm Founders Executive Club – enjoy rewards equivalent in value to a 12% Annual Return on Investment paid in Buffalo Farm vouchers (minimum investment £10,000)
Find out more at www.thebuffalofarm.co.uk
Speaking of his ambitions, Steve said:
“We run three butchers shops, an event catering business, our own bistro and we also supply into a growing number of hotels and restaurants and feedback has always been fantastic. However, I have always felt that something is missing and so now the time is right to launch this crowdfunding Founders Club so that we can give our customers access to their first soft, smooth and deliciously Scottish mozzarella.
“My plans will create up to six new jobs and produce a quality and delicious product. There is a current UK market of £79 million and a 12 per cent year on year growth within the mozzarella market and so I strongly believe that Scotland needs a quality home produced alternative to imported mozzarella.
“The funny thing is that if I had a pound for every time that someone has asked me if I would make mozzarella I wouldn’t need to be crowdfunding at all!
“But I do need your help. We have a fantastic customer base and I would love those loyal fans, as well as new ones, to get behind the creation of another emerging Scottish premium product, head over to our website and participate today. We’ll make it worth your while!”
NOTES TO EDITORS
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
- To find out more and to see Steve’s crowdfunding video, visit www.thebuffalofarm.co.uk
- By becoming a member of the Founders Club, you will receive rewards equivalent in value to a 10% Annual Return on Investment, paid annually in arrears and provided to you on account as Buffalo Farm vouchers to spend in our shop, in the Bothy Coffee Shop or to use our private catering services.
- By becoming a member of the Founders Executive Club, you will receive rewards equivalent in value to a 12% Annual Return on Investment, paid monthly in arrears and provided to you on account as Buffalo Farm vouchers to spend in our shop, in the Bothy Coffee Shop or to use our private catering services.
- By joining the Buffalo Farm Founders Club, your joining fees are providing us with funding for an initial fixed term of four years. After the initial four year period, you can choose to redeem the Club membership and receive your money back, or you can hold on to your membership and receive the same rate of interest for the duration of the membership scheme.
- In addition to your rewards, you will also receive a number of fantastic Club Membership benefits, including:
1. You will receive your exclusive Founders Club membership card
2. Your name will be inscribed on the wall of the Buffalo Farm mozzarella production facility as a permanent record of everyone who supported the project
3. You and a guest can enjoy a personal tour of the Buffalo Farm
4. A complimentary pack of mozzarella from the first full production run
5. 20% discount on hiring The Bothy as an events venue – subject to availability
6. The first 50 members will get to name the new milking buffalo
• To get involved, simply visit www.thebuffalofarm.co.uk and download the Founders Club information pack and an application form.
BUFFALO FARM CREDENTIALS
- Facebook following of over 39,0000 fans, an additional 7,000 followers on the Bothy page and over 4000 Instagram fans.
- The Buffalo Farm has an established wholesale customer base with over 120 clients including supermarkets, restaurants, bars, hotels and universities, etc. The diversity of our customers ranges from Buckingham Palace to local farm shops.
- We have also worked in conjunction with Aldi on two projects to sell in excess of 80,000 Buffalo Burgers, demonstrating our ability to deliver major contracts. Such has been the success of the relationship that we have already received a note of interest from Aldi’s buying team to purchase our Buffalo Mozzarella.
- When it comes to produce development and quality, we have a proud track record in producing award-winning products. We have picked up numerous awards including Great
Taste Awards, Craft Butchers Awards, Scottish Pork Sausage Champions and have been winners in the Best Meat Category at the Scotland Food & Drink Excellence Awards.
- Steve’s appearances on TV programmes have undoubtedly helped The Buffalo Farm’s profile to reach a national audience; past appearances include Gordon Ramsay’s ‘The F Word’, Paul Hollywood’s ‘Pies and Puds’, Landward and Countryfile. Most recently, Steve has appeared in the very popular BBC documentary series ‘This Farming Life’ which is estimated to reach an audience in excess of 2 million viewers and generated a significant increase in the business.
- Press contact: Anna Davies, Scene & Herd PR. email@example.com 07775 894012